Lama Dawa's Teaching Schedule
2010 Teachings and Locations
Sept. 9-20 | Fleischmanns, NY
LOCATION: The Highlands Inn,
923 Main St., Fleischmanns, NY, 12430
- Sept. 9 -13 - Level 1 Vajra Armor Retreat
- Sept. 16 - 20 - Level 1 Vajra Armor Retreat
- The Vajra Armor Mantra, called Dorje Go-Drab in Tibetan, is among the most powerful healing practices in Tantric Buddhism. Long held as a secret practice, the Vajra Armor Mantra has been practiced for over a millennium by tantric adepts and Tibetan physicians as an effective method for treating diseases, purifying negative energies and protection from misfortune.
- The Vajra Armor Mantra was first introduced into Tibet in the eighth century by Padmasambhava, who had collected various teachings and practices on this mantra from the ancient Indian Buddhist tradition. After teaching his close disciples in Tibet, he hid the Vajra Armor teachings in 124 places, to be discovered by future treasure finders as prophesied in his writings. Padmasambhava predicted that a time would come when there would be a great need for this mantra and to preserve the integrity of the teachings and lineage, he hid different versions of this practice in many different places for safekeeping, until the designated treasure finder would reintroduce them to the world. Over the past one thousand years, there have been numerous major teaching cycles of the Vajra Armor Mantra that have been revealed, including those of Dorje Lingpa, Mipham, Dudjom Lingpa, and Trak-thung Namkha I Jigme. These teachings outline a deep and profound path to realization and ultimately to Buddhahood through the practice of healing and rebalancing the outer and inner elements.
- Read more about these precious Vajra Armor teachings...
- These retreats are 'closed retreats', which means they are conducted within boundaries. Once the retreat begins, participants are not allowed to leave the building or area within the boudary, not allowed to have email or phone communications, and must abide by the rules of boundaried retreats. Organic meals will be provided each day as well as comfortable lodging.
- Special Note: Space is limited to 18 people, and will be given on a first-come first-serve basis. If the retreat is full, you will be placed on a waiting list.
Click here for information about registering for these retreats..
Aug. 18 - 25 | Cholula, Mexico
All teachings will be held at the Hotel Casa Calli, in San Pedro Cholula, except for the Fri, Sat, and Sunday.
LOCATION: Wed 18 - Fri 19 / Hotel Casa Calli, in San Pedro Cholula:
- Wednesday Aug. 18: 6:30 - 9:00pm
- Teaching and transmission of Shower of Blessing Tsog.
- Thursday Aug. 19: 6:30 - 9:00pm : (Guru Rinpoche Day)
- Shower of Blessing Tsog / group practice.
LOCATION: Fri. 20 - Sun. 22 / RETREAT: Teaching Intensive at Ermita del Silencio
- Friday Aug. 20: 5 pm - 7:30 pm
- Teachings on Calling Lama From Afar.
- Saturday Aug. 21 - Sunday 22
- Teachings on Boddhisatva's Path
LOCATION: Mon 23 - Wed 25 / Hotel Casa Calli, in San Pedro Cholula:
- Monday Aug. 23: 6:30 - 9:00pm
- Teaching and transmission Palhenmo Sutra.
- Tuesday Aug. 24: 6:30 - 9:00pm
- Short teachings and Ngondro transmission for new people.
- Wednesday Aug. 25: 6:30 - 9:00pm
- Teachings and Transmission on Riwo Sangchod
For information, to register for the retreat, or to schedule a divination appointment, please contact: Jigme Dorje (Gerardo Glez): (044) 2223.590.208 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details: www.budismocholula.blogspot.com
July 23-26 | Chicago, IL
LOCATION: 3249 West Evergreen, Chicago, IL
- Fri. July 23 - 7:00 - 9:30pm: Teachings on Making Shrine Offerings
- Lama Dawa Rinpoche will explain how to set up a Buddhist shrine and perform the eight outer offerings. We will be using a short text written by Dudjom Lingpa.
- Sat. July 24 - 10:00 - noon - Riwo Sangchod transmission and teachings
- Rinpoche will give the verbal transmission and instruction on how to perform this important incense (sang) offering. Sang offerings are powerful ways to increase one's 'lung-ta' (success energy), and are used to purify the pollution of the five elements. They can be done as a daily practice, or on special days. The Riwo Sangchod practice comes from the Rigdzin Sogdrub lineage and has become one of the most prevalent and widely practice incense offering in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition.
- Sat. July 24 - 2:00 - 5:00 - Tashi Yang-Gug transmission and teaching
- The Tashi Yang-gug is a special practice that is performed to increase wealth energy. It is also from the Rigdzin Sogdrub lineage and is typically practiced together with the Riwo Sangchod. In this teaching, Lama Dawa Rinpoche will give the verbal transmission and instruction on how to perform this activity.
- Sun. July 25 - 10:00 - noon - Teachings on the 100-syllable mantra
- The 100-syllable mantra of Vajrasattva is a core mantra that is practiced in all sects of Tibetan Buddhism, and is the most prevalent mantra used for purification. In this teaching, Lama Dawa Rinpoche will explain the meaning of each syllable and discuss the best ways to use this mantra.
- Sun. July 25 - 2:00 - 5:00 - Dzogchen teaching called 'Clarified Butter'
- This special Dzogchen instruction was the last teaching that Guru Rinpoche gave to Yeshe Tsogyal before he left Tibet. It was his heart advice to her about how to practice and has become a 'pith' instruction for Dzogchen practitioners.
Suggested donation for each teaching $25
For information and directions, please contact orgyen Rigzin at: email@example.com
July 15 - 18 | Oxford, Iowa
- CANCELED -
Our sincere apologies for this change in schedule. The teachings have not yet been rescheduled, but you may contact the email address below if you would like to get on our mailing list for notices about future teachings.
- Thursday, July 15 is Chokor Duchen, one of the great Holy Days in Buddhism.
- Lama Dawa Rinpoche will be offering a Long-Life Empowerment at 6:30 pm. This empowerment is open to all - Buddhist and non-Buddhists alike, and is a great blessing that restores lifeforce, and strengthens one's longevity.
- Suggested donation $ 35
- Fri. July 16: Transmission and teaching on the Palchenmo Sutra: 6:30 -9:00 pm
- This ancient teaching from Shakyamuni Buddha is said to help to increase the energy of prosperity. It is typically recited several times and includes a special mantra for reciting the names of the wealth goddess. Because this Sutra is so often recommended in mirror divination to address financial issues, Lama Dawa Rinpoche felt that it was important to give transmission and teachings on this simple Sutra so that practitioners can recite this themselves.
- Suggested donation: $25
- Sat. July 17: Commentary teaching on the Shower of Blessing Tsog practice: 9:00 - noon, 2:00 - 5:00 pm.
- Lama Dawa Rinpoche will give an important teaching about the meaning and practice of the Shower of Blessing tsog, written by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche. This is an essential teaching for all practitioners who perform the Shower of Blessings Tsog every Guru day.
- Suggested donation for the day $40.
- Sun. July 18: Transmission and teaching on the Norlha Yang Sang Incense Offering: 9:00 - noon, 2:00 - 5:00 pm
- The Norlha Yang Sang is a special Incense offering that is used to generate wealth energy. Lama Dawa Rinpoche will give the verbal transmission and essential explanations in the morning. In the afternoon we will perform this sadhana and offering as a group and dedicate the merit to all beings who are suffering from financial hardship.
- Suggested donation for the day $40.
Contact Info: For directions and information, please contact Juanita Strait (Dechen Gyalmo): firstname.lastname@example.org, 319-828-4475.
July 6 & 7 | San Diego, CA
LOCATION: 5449 Barclay Ave. San Diego, CA
- Tues. July 6: Teachings and Transmission on the Palchenmo Sutra, 6:30 - 9:00 pm.
- The recitation of the Palchenmo Sutra is used to enhance and increase wealth energy. This concise Sutra and mantra can be easily recited as a daily practice.
- Wed. July 7, Teachings on the 37 qualities of the bodhisattva, 6:30 - 9:00
- Rinpoche will discuss the qualities and stages of the bodhisattva's path.
Suggested donation for teachings $25
Contact Info: For directions, information or to schedule a divination, please contact Kim Schafer: 619-286-2902, email@example.com
June 21-July 4, 2010
LOCATION: Ensenada, Mexico
- June 21 - 25, Vajra Armor Level 1 Retreat
- Lama Dawa Rinpoche returns to lead another level 1 retreat of this special healing mantra. Due to the limits on class size, we are restricting this retreat to members of the Ensenada Sangha only.
- June 26 - July 2, P'howa Retreat
- Lama Dawa Rinpoche will lead the practice of the transference of consciousness, from the Khandro T'huk-T'hik. This will be a strict retreat with boundaries.
For information and to register for this retreat June 21 - 25, contact Padma at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 3 - 4, Teachings and Instruction on the 'Astrological Divination of the Eight Dakinis' (Lhamo Gyed-Tsi)
- Teachings will be held at Pancho and Susy Aranda's home. Teaching time - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm with a break for lunch. This special system of astrology-divination comes from the root text of the Kalachakra. It became very popular in Tibet among lay practitioners and was relied upon to address illness, misfortune, healing, etc. It is still used in Bhutan, Sikkim, and Nepal. The Lhamo Gyed-Tsi uses astrology to determine the cause of a problem, then gives methods to address them. They involve simple rituals that can be done by all practitioners. Lama Dawa Rinpoche will translate from the text and give detailed instructions on how to use this system.
For information or directions for these teachings July 3 - 4, please contact Pancho and Susy Arandas at: email@example.com
May 25 - 31 | Sonoma,CA
Celebrate Saga Dawa with Lama Dawa Rinpoche in Sonoma, California
We are pleased to announce that Lama Dawa Rinpoche will be offering a special series of teachings over the holy week of Saga Dawa, in Sonoma, Cafornia.
LOCATION: 19014 B Hickory St. El Verano, CA, 95433
Due to the world's economic instability and loss of wealth energy, Lama Dawa Rinpoche is making it a priority to offer Buddhist teachings and skillful activities to help beings through these difficult times. Special Sutras, pujas and prayers are especially helpful to increase the energies of 'lung-ta', 'yang', and 'nor' - all essential elements for stabilizing the wealth energy of the world and beings.
The teachings that Rinpoche has selected are the methods that are most frequently recommended by the mirror divination. Instead of having to find Lamas to commission to perform these for us, by receiving the transmission and instruction, we can perform these ourselves.
- Tues. May 25 - 6:30 - 9:00 pm - Teaching and transmission on Palchenmo Sutra
- The Palchenmo Sutra is a short Sutra written by Shakyamuni. By reciting this Sutra and mantra all poverty is eliminated.
- Thurs. May 27 - 2:00 - 5:00 pm - Saga Dawa - Yeshe Tsogyal long-life empowerment
- On this auspicious day, Lama Dawa Rinpoche will be offering Yseh Tsogyal's long-life empowerment. Long life empwoerments are open to the public and are powerful ways to strengthen the elemental energies of our bodies and lives.
- Fri. May 28 - 6:30 - 9:00 pm teachings on the Sampa Lhundrub prayer
- This important prayer, "The Prayer to Guru Rinpoche to Spontaneously Fulfill All Wishes And Clear Away Obstalces on the Path," was written by Guru Rinpoche and is common to all lineages.
- Sat. May 29 - Teachings and transmission on the Norlha Yang-Sang Incense Offering.
- A special incense offering to increase 'yang' energy (wealth energy), written by Chogyur Dechen Lingpa, entitled "The Massing Clouds of All That is Desireable."
- 12:00 transmission and teaching, 2:00 - 5:00 practice
- Sun. May 30 - Teachings and transmsission on Offering Pujas to the wealth deities: Black Dzambhala, Vasudharani, Tseringma
- From the lineage and teaching of Raga Asi. These are short daily practices that are easy to incorporate into one's daily practice routine.
- 9:00 - noon transmission and teaching, 2:00 - 5:00 pm: practice
- Mon. May 31 - 9:00 - 5:00 - Teaching and transmission of the Seven-Line Prayer -
- Rinpoche will give comprehensive teachings on the outer, inner, and secret meaning of this essential prayer.
$20 for evening teachings, $40 for all-day teachings and empowerment.
For more information, or make schedule a divination appointment:
Please contact Sherab Dorje: 707-758-7296, firstname.lastname@example.org
March 25 - 29, April 1 - 5, April 8 - 12
- Fleischmans, NY - 2010
- Vajra Armor Teachings/Retreats
- Vajra Armor Level 1 retreats
March 5 - 14
- Chicago, Ill. - 2010
- Transmission of the practice of the Mississippi River Goddess
- Transmission and teachings on the 'Norlha Yang-Sang' Incense Offering
- Empowerment of Sampa Lhundrub
- Teachings on the Sampa Lhundrub
- Teachings on the Palchenmo Sutra
- Transmission and teachings on the practice of the water offerings for Black Dzambhala, Yudronma and Vasudharani
- Empowerment of Vaishramana, the Northern Direction Wealth King
Feb. 18 - 22
- RiverView Dharma Center, Lansing Iowa - 2010
- Yeshe Tsogyal Practice Intensive, Read full details and schedule.
Jan. 29 - Feb. 3
- Puebla, Mexico - 2010
- An Evening talk on The Four Noble Truths
- Teachings and transmission on the Preliminary Practices (Ngondro) of the Dudjom Tersar
- Teachings on Karma and Rebirth
- Teachings on the Six Bardos