Divinations with Dawa Chhodak Rinpoche
Guidelines for Your Questions
To ensure that you get the most out of your divination session, please read this section of guidelines on choosing appropriate topics and how to formulate your questions. There are a few topics which are unsuitable for mirror divination. These are outlined below.
With this system of divination, there is usually no need to provide a history or background, nor is there any need for elaborate explanations of one's situation. It is best to keep your questions to the point, and focused. Use the examples below as a guide. In addition, it is best to avoid questions that are too broad, such as "What is my life's purpose?" or "Who will be my life partner?" Instead, a list of choices should be provided so the mirror can determine the best choice or course of action.
The most important information you will need to provide, along with your questions, are the names and birth dates of everyone involved in your question (s). Mirror divination uses Tibetan astrology to determine one's 'age symbol', which is used as a 'marker' to locate who you are, as well as check the astrological influences surrounding your situation. Please provide the month, day and year of birth according to the western calendar.
Common Topics for Questions
I. Spiritual Matters
The accomplishment of our spiritual practices depends on many factors. Practitioners and spiritual seekers have found Lama Dawa's divinations to be most helpful in assisting them on their chosen path.
If you are just beginning to become serious about embarking on a spiritual path, but are not sure which path is best suited for you, the mirror divination can help to identify the most appropriate spiritual path for you, based on your previous karmic propensities. In addition, the mirror can identify the teacher with whom you have the most auspicious connections.
For practitioners who are already established on a path with a chosen teacher, the mirror can be used to foresee any impending challenges to their practices and retreats, as well as finding solutions to existing obstacles.
Lama Dawa's mirror divinations have been used to identify antique or rare ritual instruments, as well as locate missing ones. Through the mirror divinations, Lama Dawa has been able to help relocate important texts and sacred objects that were lost during the cultural revolution.
Examples of how to formulate your questions include:
- What is the best spiritual path for me?
- I am considering X, Y and Z - which one should I choose?
- Who is my root Guru?
- Who was my Guru in my previous life?
- I am planning on doing a retreat on X-date and X-location. Will there be any obstacles?
Is the timing and location best suited for my practice?
- What are my biggest obstacles to practice?
- I would like to do a pilgrimage tour in Tibet - what do I need to do to ensure success?
- I purchased an old kangling. (if you are coming for a private appointment, you should bring it, otherwise describe it) Where did this come from? Is it suitable for me?
- I lost my gau while traveling in India. Where is it and is there any chance to get it back?
II. Personal Matters:
Mirror Divinations can be consulted for a wide variety of personal matters. The following is a list of possible topics. This list is not meant to be definitive, but rather to be used as a guide.
- Family Matters
- Resolving conflicts, difficulties
- Checking the compatibility of potential partners
- Checking the karmic connections between family members
- Fertility and childbirth issues
- Health and Longevity
- Identifying the causes of illness
- Determining the best solutions for cure or relief of symptoms
- Selecting the best remedies, treatments or physicians
- Determining one's life span and if there are ways to extend the length of one's life
- Predicting major future health problems or obstacles to one's life
- Financial and Business Matters
- How to increase one's prosperity
- How to ensure success of one's business venture's
- Determining the best investments
- Predicting future financial troubles
- Resolving current financial difficulties
- Choosing the right location and time to start a new venture
- Legal Matters
- Resolving court cases
- Predicting future legal conflicts
- determining the most suitable location for home and work
- determining the best time to relocate
- Success in achieving one's aims
- checking the potential success or failure of one's projects or plans
- how to ensure success of one's aims
- Conflict resolution
- ensuring safe journeys
- predicting obstacles to one's journey
- Death and Dying
- how to best assist the dying person's transition
- locating the rebirth of deceased relatives
- Finding lost objects or missing person
- Past lives
- checking to see your previous lives
- checking the previous lives of family members
- checking the past karmic connections with others
- researching the histories of deceased persons
- Environmental Issues
- health and stability of local wildlife
- weather and natural disasters
- how to prevent impending environmental damage
- how to rebalance an area that has been polluted or destroyed
- Unusual phenomenon, such as UFOs, crop circles, or unusual personal experiences
Examples of how to formulate your questions include:
- I have met someone - is this person a good match for me?
- I want to marry ________ Is there any chance for me to marry him/her?
- My partner and I are always fighting. Why is this happening and what can we do to have a more harmonious relationship?
- How may children will I have?
- My daughter is always crying. What is the problem?
- I want to see a specialist for my illness, which physician is best (provide list)?
- The medical treatment I am using is not working, is there something else I can do?
- My husband is having surgery for __________ on _(date)_. Will there be any complications? Is there anything we can do to ensure a speedy recovery?
- Will I have any major health problems this year? If so, what should I do to minimize them?
- I am writing a book. Will it be successful?
- What can I do to ensure that my new product is successful?
- When should we start our new business?
- I am thinking of taking this new job ________. Will this be beneficial for me?
- I am thinking of moving to these locations (provide list), which place is most suitable for me?
- My sister and I haven't spoken for years. Is there any chance to heal our relationship and get back together again?
- I was adopted. Where are my birth parents? Is there any chance to meet them?
- My grandfather died (give date). Where is he now?
Remember that the answer comes from the question, so the more specific your question, the more specific the answer will be. Questions that are vague will yield vague answers or no answer at all. In addition, it is not uncommon for the mirror to provide other information that was not specifically asked for, if that information is an important message for the questioner.
If you are scheduled for a personal divination appointment with Lama Dawa, it is best to write your questions down before hand. You may bring a tape recorder to record the session. Lama Dawa's attendant will also be present to write down the answers and provide any clarification in the English translation. In addition, his attendant will help in rephrasing your questions if necessary.
If there is any need to rephrase questions sent via email, an email will be sent to you before hand to ask for further clarification.
Personal topics unsuitable for mirror divination:
Special Note: Due to ethical reasons, Lama Dawa will not use mirror divinations
for questions regarding:
- Theft or other crimes which may incriminate someone.
- Gambling or lottery.
- Political or controversial issues.
- The wish to harm others.
- Unethical personal or business ventures;
businesses which go against Buddhist ethics of peace and non-harming.